Saturday, December 3, 2011

Last Month Update!!!

As we get closer to baby carter's due date, we all get more and more anxious! We were so looking forward to going to the doctor every week to see the progression but holy moley i never expected 4 weeks to seem like a lifetime! at our 36 week appointment i was 1.5 cm dialated and 50% effaced which our doctor was really happy with! she said its a good starting point for delivering on time or a little early. Let me tell you.. WE WERE STOKED ABOUT THIS!!! Its been sooooo hard waiting and dealing with the extreme anticipation of meeting our lil munchkin! I know all first time parents would agree that wondering what and who your child looks like is something that crosses your mind multiple times each day! I know me and Justin have had multiple conversations about size and how labor will go!!! He SWORE that we were going to have a big boy, but i honestly thought he'd stay in the 7 lbs range.

Our 37 week appointment was a little different because our doctor was out of town for thanksgiving in southern california and we had to see another doctor in the office. I have ONLY had a female doctor since going to my gyno and my obgyn so the fact that he was a MALE was a little freaky. I was contemplating waiting an extra week to see my original doctor for my silly convience but the anticipation again was the driving factor of me agreeing to seeing a male. I wanted to know if i had progressed at all and if i was negative for my group b strep test! well to be honest, HE WAS INCREDIBLE! he made me and justin feel so comfortable even though hed never met us before and didnt have a personal relationship built with us! I was pleasantly surprised! he was an older male and his nurse was so sweet as well! he was willing to do a cervical check and i was now 2.5 cm dialated and 60% effaced! MORE PROGRESS!!! it was such a good gift that we had a chance to know before the long holiday weekend. We spent that whole weekend with my parents (my dad actually had hernia surgery wednesday afternoon so the fact that he was recovering made our thanksgiving really mellow which i was so happy about!) I did make a dumb decision and decided to attempt black friday shopping with my mama and hubby. We left on thanksgiving night at like 9:30 for walmart. BAD IDEA! people were acting a fool... to say the least! i saw fights over 10$ picture frames, 20$ microfiber stools, and 150$ xboxes... I WAS SHOCKED... i couldnt imagine hurdling others and being mean in order to get the best "deal"... which when we were leaving the store from frustration there were still piles of furniture and frames but people couldnt be patient and wait for others.. they had to have it RIGHT THEN... This lady actually took her cart to my 9 months belly.. lets just say we had a few words about the xmas spirit and how unreal she was acting over a picture frame... WHICH I WASNT EVEN WANTING!!!! Word to the wise... never take your prego hormones into a hot crowded black friday crowd... IT COULD LEAD TO MEAN WORDS AND FIST FIGHTS lol...

At our 38 week appointment i was MISERABLE! i had grown to the point where i have constant groin and sciatic pain. Our doctor did the usual exam and felt my tummy. She looked at me and justin and said "WOW! YOU ARE ALL BABY! HES A BIG BOY!!" i then asked her how much she thinks he weights and she was confident that he was over 8 lbs for sure. THIS WOULD EXPLAIN THE GROIN PAIN! hahaha... I had dialated to a solid 3 cm going on 4 and 75% effaced so we decided we would try a membrane sweep to see if my body was ready to deliver baby boo and then if that didnt work we would talk about inducing the following visit. Well let me tell you... SWEEPS HURT! i had to grin and wear the pain which seemed like it would never end! haha THIS MADE ME REALIZE AN EPIDURAL WAS NEEDED FOR LABOR!!! :) Our doctor was wrapping up the appointment when she realized she would only be in the office and able to deliver our baby next wednesday so we decided we would set my induction date for Wednesday, December 7th... and if baby made his apperance before then well all was good! :) We left JACKED!!! we couldnt believe that within a week we would be holding our baby boy for sure.. THERE WAS FINALLY A COUNTDOWN DATE THAT WAS COMPLETELY ACCURATE! it made all the anticipation so much more real!!!!

After we got home from my sweep we took a walk hoping it would kick in active labor contractions and we could have our baby THAT day! i had strong almost painful cramping and contractions but they eventually subsided around 3 pm and i was able to take a nap.. i had been told a sweep could take a few days to work though so i still had faith he could be coming soon! When i woke up from my nap around 4pm i used the restroom and my mucus plug was def coming out! it was nasty but SUCH a good sign he could come soon!! I decided to relax the rest of the night and see if my body was ready. Well my hopes were very dashed because NOTHING happened.. i slept that night and woke up without any contractions or pain! DANG!!!! But it was ok because he was def going to be here within the next week so we could be patient for ONE more week right!? youd think so but man i was ready! I WANTED TO FEEL THE PAIN OF LABOR.. I WAS SOOOO GEARED UP!

Its been 4 days now since my sweep so im fairly sure that it didnt work, which means baby wasnt ready! im so glad hes still in my belly and growing even stronger! i feel absolutely HUGE but i did find leggings that fit and i could wear them rather than SWEATS! it was a huge accomplishment! :) i didnt feel as frumpy!!! OH AND I GOT TO PULL OUT THE UGGS!!!!! gotta love december!!! We are patiently waiting his arrival but im fairly sure he will be stubborn and it will take me being induced for him to want to leave his warm tropical vacation in mamas belly! :) Both mine and justin's parents are SO excited they can barely stand it! It feels so good to have such support when me and justin are getting a little nervous for the entire responsibilty! Dont get me wrong, were soooooo ready.. but we realized that this is our LAST weekend without a baby and the ability to sleep in!! crazy since weve never had to be responsible for more than our year old puppy, but we couldnt have asked for a better blessing and gift..


This is one of the last prego pictures ill probably take! as you can see the leggings are WAY better than my husbands sweats!!!! :) and my favorite UGGS!!!! OHHHH YEA!!!

WISH US LUCK GUYS... 4 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment