Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pregnancy Update




I am almost 8 months pregnant.. i know crazy how fast time goes. I feel like this pregnancy has flown by without many issues.. (SO THANKFUL) But it also feels like as i get bigger and closer to my due date its slowing to a stop! Carter is getting so big, i feel his hiccups almost everyday now! He moves so much and is getting SO powerful with his punches and kicks! He is such a chill baby in comparison to stories ive heard about my friends babies in the womb. If i put any pressure on my belly he usually moves away from it and settles somewhere else rather than getting antsy or mad at the random pushes from me!

Carter LOVES his daddy. Jus will lay close to my belly and talk to him and he goes crazy! he'll move so much ill have to call it a night because hes kicking my ribs and then a few seconds later hes punching my hip bone! it hurts so bad but i love it and wouldnt trade that feeling for anything in the world! Its so amazing to know he is a living being that can respond to stimuli from the outside such as touches from me or daddy or light from our phones. HE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BLESSING TO EVERYONE IN OUR LIFE!!! Both justins and my parents are counting the days until they meet him for the first time!!!

As much as I love my son, MY BODY HURTS!!! there are a few things that have gotten me through up until this point! a few of them are...


APPLES AND PEANUT BUTTER.. my biggest craving... and OMG if i go a day without my dear apples and peanut butter i feel like i might lose it! :)



My beloved body pillow.. its way nicer than this one in the picture, but for entertainment value i chose this because she looks like she is VERY rested.. haha! my one and only is black and soooo incredibly soft. If i get out of bed to use the restroom at night it never fails that when i come back jus is wrapped up in it! hahaha.. its safe to say he loves it just as much as i do!



Frozen yogurt.. my favorite place to get this is now USwirl.. i usually get a full cup of cake batter frozen yogurt with either berries or the a chocolate overload with reeces and kit kat chunks! It quenches the sweet tooth that helps contributes to my weight gain! haha

My best friend, the heating pad!!! Ive had pretty intense lower back pain since around 24 weeks so i use a heating pad more than once a day! Jus also learned some techniques in our birthing class that help to relieve the pain i have in my sciatic nerve! Im so thankful for modern technology!


My brother recently got married, and between traveling to moscow for U of I games, and portland for the wedding i have been SO exhausted! This picture is of me at 27 weeks at my brothers wedding!



AND THIS IS MY INCREDIBLE HUSBAND.. our good friend ashley has a beautiful baby girl that justin absolutely adores! This picture is of jus at a Vandals game holding kyah in her carseat and her diaper bag. HE LOOKS SOOO HUNKY! he is so excited to meet his son, and get to be a daddy! He makes me smile everyday knowing how incredible he is going to be as a husband and a daddy!!!

This pregnancy has hard times intertwined with AMAZING ones... it has been all smiles and roses and sunshine, but i wouldnt trade our experience for the world. I have made it through with the support from my wonderful husband and his never ending support, my incredible parents and mother in law, and my girl friends who have given me their extra baby clothes and advice!!!

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! 70 DAYS UNTIL DUE DATE.. 49 UNTIL FULL TERM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment