Sunday, May 29, 2011

Drizzy.. THE PUPPY!




THE FIRST DAY WE HAD HER!!!

before Jus and I moved into the townhouse we decided that we wanted to expand our family and add a new member! I have had a dog of my own previously which I no longer own (my aunt fell in love and cyrus became a member of their family) and it made me nervous to think i was entering the puppy stage of things again! I was SO worried our new addition would tear up the carpets and furniture or worse eat my clothing or shoes.. not to mention the potty training aspect! Jus has had a dog as well but his all ended up running away (ANOTHER ISSUE I WAS WORRIED ABOUT!) haha when we decided on drizzy we knew we were in for some sleepless nights! We picked her up from her first family at 8 weeks of age and instantly i fell in love! she is a cuddler from the word go, and really wants to be close to anyone as much as possible! she is a bulldog/lab mix which is really unheard of but its a GREAT mix if you ask me! she has the smarts of the lab and the cuteness of the bulldog! The fear that i had about potty training and the messes i foresaw werent really an issue at all! she had a few accidents in the beginning but when we brought her over to my parents house and introduced her to my parents older dog she picked up on the potty training right away! She hasnt had an accident in over 3 months which is a BLESSING!!!!


jus with driz the second day we had her!


Jus is such a good papa to drizzle and our families love her so much! she is a love bug and in the last few weeks i got to see her interact with a baby! SHE DID AMAZING! i was worried if she would be able to handle herself considering she is a puppy still, but i was so surprised how well she did! We still are leary of how she will handle a crying unhappy baby though! hahah but who likes crying anyways! ;) she is now 6 months and still getting herself into trouble a little lately but when i listen to the babies heartbeat she is always right next to me and completely interested in whats going on! i have a feeling she will claim the new baby as hers and will protect him or her as she does me and her daddy!






one weird thing about drizzy: SHE LOVES SLEEPING ON CUSHIONS AND THE BACK OF COUCHES.. its a strange quark of hers.. but its our puppy for ya!



all in all were so very blessed to have her in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment